vegan, refined sugar free, gluten free, diary free, wheat free*
Indulgent chewy choc chunk cookies, all the nicer for having a clean and vegan twist. I hear that freshly baked cookies last up to a week in a tin – but I can’t get them them to any last longer than 3 days!
I had a cookie a day in the bath, alongside a cup of raspberry leaf tea, and used them as achievement tokens. I made a lot of TINY achievements last week.
Makes around 20
Spoon Rating: 🥄 (low energy)
Standing Up For: 10 minutes
Total Cooking Time: 20 minutes
OK, what do I need?
- 75g organic coconut sugar
- 50g xylitol
- 100g coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium sized banana
- 150g buckwheat flour (you could also use coconut or brown rice flour if you fancy)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g of roughly chopped dark chocolate (I used Ombar’s 72%)
- And a large pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 170℃.
- Wipe small amount of coconut oil over 2 baking trays to grease. I use kitchen roll to do this, it’s quick and easy.
- Blend coconut oil, salt, xylitol, coconut sugar, vanilla and banana in a blender until smooth.
- Tip mixture into a large bowl before stirring flour, baking powder and chopped chocolate in by hand.
- Spoon heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto your prepared baking trays. Giving them a little room to spread out!
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are lush and golden. Check in on them as often as you can.
- Leave cookies to cool and store in a tin, in the fridge.
*our recipes will always be vegan, refined sugar free and contain no chemical non-foods. Because we care about others and ourselves.